Many of you have asked how I added the social media icons I have over in the sidebar of my blog. So, here’s a quick tutorial for you!
This is the quick and easy way to add the icons, for a free WordPress blog.
1. Locate (google) and download a set of free social media icons. There are plenty to choose from!
2. Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
3. Click Posts –> Add New.
Upload your saved free social media icons just as you would add an image to a blog post.
With each icon create a link to each of your corresponding social media URLs.
4. Click on the ‘Text’ tab –> located at the top right hand side.
The code will appear –> Select all and copy.
5. Click Appearance –> Widgets.
6. Click on the TEXT widget. Paste the code in the box.
7. Select the position of the widget etc and SAVE!
Hey presto! You now have a pretty row or two of social media icons displayed in your sidebar!