In 2012 we hooked a square or oblong Wool-Eater . . . 2013, and I thought it would be nice to hook a Wool-Eater Motif Blanket!
My motifs will consist of two colours and two rounds each, but you might like to work your motifs a little larger like these here.
NOTE: 1 Round (as mentioned above) = 2 actual physical rounds (I like to end on a ‘scallop’ round).
I’ll be providing step by step visual instructions on how to join your motifs quickly and easily as we progress!
Here’s the details:
- Everyone, whether you’re a beginner or an experienced crocheter, everyone, is invited to join in the Wool-Eater Motif CAL for 2013 which will kick off on Wednesday, 24th of April 2013!
- Wool-Eater Wednesday will be the day officially declared to share your progress. I’ll be blogging my progress every Wednesday. Please ensure to a leave a link in the comment section of that post if you’ve blogged your progress also. Of course we’ll all be uploading our pics to the Flickr group along the way.
- Is there a deadline . . . no, work at your own pace, it is not a race to the finish line.
- I’m aiming to hook 3 motifs per week . . . we all have different schedules, so how many motifs you work each week will be up to the individual!
Mission for the week ahead:
- Sign up! Simply leave a comment on this post so that we know you’re IN!
- If you like, you can snag the ‘poster’ above and display it on your blog.
- Pop over to Flickr and join the group.
- Print out the FREE Wool-Eater instructions which you’ll find here!
- Gather your supplies, basically all you’ll require is a crochet hook, sized to correspond to the yarn you’ll be using, a pair of scissors, a yarn needle for weaving in the ends as.we.go and of course YARN!
Let the creativity begin!
They are lovely! I’m in!
Sounds like a great idea!! I will have to give it a go!! 🙂 Thanks Sarah!
Count me in!
I will be joining the fun! See you then sarah.
I am in.
Count me in!
I’m in!! I need to have some big project “eat” some of my wool! 🙂
So pretty! Count me in!
I’m in as well, though until school lets out at the end of May, my progress will be painfully slow. Thank goodness there’s no hurry!
OMG … Another CAL that I want to join!! I’m going to be over my head with CALs and its only April!!
I am in!!!!!! ^_^
Love this! I’m in!
Pingback: Wool-Eater Crochet Along | Anne-Christine's Art
Hi Sarah.. OMG.. love the pattern… Count me in too… cheers..
I love it…I am in!
I’ve always admired this pattern so I guess this is a good time to do it. I’m in too!!!
I’m in. 🙂
great wanted to try a wooleater project
Im in,,, cant wait!
Ooh! I’ve never done a crochet-along, but I think now is the time! I’d love to join in! And such a beautiful pattern!
I will give it a try. It’s a beautiful pattern!
I’m in, thanks Sarah
I give it a try! I’m in! very curious how it will end;-)
So happy to get your invite! I’m in! Thanks so much!
always wanted to make this. so beautiful this square is
I love that pattern so much! I actually hooked a 2nd one earlier this year. 🙂
I’m in! Thanks for hosting this-can’t wait!
I´m in…thank you so much Sarah….beautiful idea!
Love the pattern.
I am in, thanks so much Sarah!
Alrighty, I’d love to join! This is my first CAL!!!
Me too! Just finishing up on my big wool-eater blanket so need a new project 🙂
How pretty the motifs are. I’m in, sounds fun.
I’ve done Wool eater CAL last year and as we love it here, I’m in for this second Wool eater CAL 😉
I’ll never keep up with the group, but I’m definitely in!
Would love yo do this! Thanks
Please, count me in!!!
I like Flint!
That’s supposed to be “In Like Flint”
You can count me in!
Hello from Belgium! This is my first CAL too.
Better late than never! Ready Set Go!
I’m Gudrun from Germany. Please count me in. So beautiful!
Looking forward to joining in – it’ll be the first CAL I’ve ever done and a good push to get back to blogging after my second baby. Can’t wait x
I´m Elena from Spain, sign me the project please!! Thanks a lot!
Hi Sarah, I’m in…also my first CAL
I was in las year, I’m in again this year.
Pingback: Day 3 Knit & Crochet Blog Week 4KCBWDAY3 | Beatrice Ryan Designs
. What a beauty. Count me in.
Pingback: COLOR!!! Knit & Crochet Blog Week Day 4… 4KCBWDAY4 | Beatrice Ryan Designs
Pingback: Wool-Eater Motif CAL 2013 | Angelphilipp's Blog
I just read about the crochet-along….I’m in.
I love it consider me in
I’m In Too! I’m so excited that you’re doing this.
I’m just starting today but excited to CAL!
You can DEFINITELY count me in!! 😀 I love this stitch! Definitely one of my favorites! 🙂
Would love to do this 😉
Pingback: This and that | Angelphilipp's Blog
Count me in please, i have so many leftovers
I am in – late – but in!
I’ll give it a try!
I would like to participate!
looks like fun, i’m in
I’m sorry I’m late, but I have just seen this, would like to give it a try.
It is June 17, I am late but I want in too!
Only just seen this so wondering if I have time to catch up… Is there any info on joining yet? Any idea how much yarn will be needed? I have quite a few remnants but not sure if it will be enough!
Just saw this and love this. I want in!
Just saw this pattern so am going to give it a try….i have a lot of grandkids and great grandkids so will be christmas presents for all on my list!!
I’d like to be in please. I just found this also, I hope I can catch up. I do have some questions re: the 8 ply yarn, is that continental nomenclature? If it is, I assume it’s the same as 4 ply American. Please let me know asap, I’d like to get started asap. Thanks.
im in 🙂
ready to give it a try